COC filing period until March 9
The Student Commission on Elections (SCE) opens the first day of the week-long Certificate of Candidacy filing today, March 5, until March 9, in preparation for the 2018 University Student Elections.
In a memo posted by the SCE on their Facebook page, aspiring candidates can file their respective COCs from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the SCE office in Gregoria Montoya Hall (Admin Building) during the filing period. As per SCE Chairperson Reen Marien Salvador, no extension shall be given unless a “fortuitous event occurs.”
According to Art. VII, Section 3 of the 2016 Amended Election Code of DLSU-D, aspiring candidates must comply to the following:
- Two copies of accomplished candidacy forms with two recent uniform copies of 2×2 pictures
- Certification of grades from the Registrar’s Office of the semester preceding the elections
- Recommendation letter from respective college deans or department chairs
- Program or Platform of Government (for independent candidates)
- Photocopy of registration form from the current semester
- Certificate of Evaluation from the Registrar’s Office
Salvador added that incomplete requirements would forfeit the candidacy of the aspiring student-leader.
More organized COC filing
Looking back to the 2017 COC filing, Salvador clarified, “Last year’s filing of candidacy wasn’t as organized as it was expected. Some students are misinformed also.”
For this reason, the SCE made sure to avoid confusion in this year’s filing of COC by advising the aspiring candidates about the “do’s and dont’s” of COC filing.
“We had a meeting with the pol[itical] par[ties] regarding the requirements for COC filing and we also released a memo and gave them a copy, including the independent aspiring candidates, regarding the filing period,” Salvador furthered.
For more information on the 2018 University Election, visit the SCE’s Facebook page and HERALDO FILIPINO for ongoing Halalan 2018 coverage.