19 new administrators assume new offices for AY 2019-2020
Effective since August 1, 19 new administrators have assumed various offices in the University for academic year 2019-2020, as per the Human Resource Management Office.
With three new monikers, two new positions, and three new departments, the following are the 19 administrators who took new offices:
Office of the President
- Data Protection Officer: Sancho T. Castro, CPA
First-ever Data Protection Officer Sancho Castro initiated to remind the Lasallian community their responsibilities and liabilities in terms of data sharing and flow of information in an orientation of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 last May.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Mission, External Affairs and Advancement (OVCMEAA)
- Campus Ministry Office OIC: Ronante M. Angeles
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academics and Research (OVCAR)
- University Research Office Director: Johnny A. Ching, PhD
- Center for Student Admissions Director: Romano Angelico T. Ebron
Former College of Science and Computer Studies Dean Johnny Ching, PhD and former College of Business Administration and Accountancy Associate Dean Romano Angelico Ebron join the array of administrators for academics and research as directors for University Research Office and the Center for Student Admissions, respectively.
College of Business Administration and Accountancy (CBAA)
- Associate Dean: Alice D. Descallar
- Accountancy Department Chair: Eden C. Cabrera, CPA
- Business Management Department Chair: Ruel D. Elias
Former Business Management Department Chair Alice Descallar is appointed as the new CBAA Associate Dean. Descallar is succeeded by former Student Activities Office Coordinator Ruel Elias. While Eden Cabrera, CPA, returning from AY 2017-2018, is appointed as the Accountancy Department Chair.
College of Criminal Justice Education (CCJE)
- Graduate Studies Director: Elizabeth B. Villa, PhD
College of Education (COED)
- Physical Education Department Chair: Chona M. Manalo
College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology (CEAT)
- Civil and Sanitary Engineering Department Chair: Engr. Roberlene S. Abitona
Starting the second semester of AY 2018-2019, the Engineering Department was subdivided into three clusters of engineering programs: the Industrial and Mechanical Engineering Department, the Electrical, Computer and Electronics Engineering Department, and the Civil and Sanitary Engineering Department. The chairs appointed for these departments are Engr. Natalie Pineda, Engr. Emmanuel Longares, and Engr. Roberlene Abitona, respectively.
College of Tourism and Hospitality Management (CTHM)
- Associate Dean: Irma B. Gatdula
College of Liberal Arts and Communication (CLAC)
- Dean: Betty E. Tuttle, PhD
- Associate Dean: Everlyn D. Perez
- School for Governance, Public Service and Corporate Leadership Director: Christian George C. Francisco, PhD
- Graduate Studies Director: Ma. Virginia G. Aguilar, PhD
Following the launch of the School for Governance, Public Service and Corporate Leadership this AY, former College of Liberal Arts and Communication Dean Christian George Francisco, PhD is appointed as director of the program. Replacing Francisco as the college dean is then Graduate Studies Director Betty Tuttle, PhD, who is succeeded by Ma. Virginia Aguilar, PhD as new director for CLAC Graduate Studies.
College of Science and Computer Studies
- Dean: Christina C. Salibay, PhD
- Computer Studies Department Chair: Ma. Gloria A Del Rosario
Office of Student Services
- Sports Development Office (SDO) Director: John T. Casidsid
- Student Welfare and Formation Office (SWAFO) Director: Rafael Julius D. Estrada
Former SWAFO Director John Casidsid is appointed as director of the SDO, who is succeeded by former CLAC Associate Dean Rafael Julius Estrada as the new director for SWAFO.